I bought a foosball table for the space. It needed some cleanup & repair and Walter asked me to blog about it. Part 6 in a 5 part series.
These events took place… oh, I don’t remember when they took place.
Yes, you read that correctly: “part 6 in a 5 part series”.
Once upon a time (well, back in part 2 of this series), I said “take notes & lots of pictures when you do something like this… it will pay off in the end”. This article drives that point home. You see, I was all happy. I had finished a project! That’s always good news, and gives one the warm fuzzies. But little did I know…
A little while later (I don’t remember, could have been days, could have been weeks… this post has been put off for various reasons, and I finally decided to bite the bullet today & get it posted), two different people commented to me that the foosball table wasn’t right. That maybe they thought I had put it together wrong?
I thought: “c’mon! It’s a foosball table, how could I have put it together wrong?!?” Well, they were right: I had put the table together wrong… I inserted the rods on the wrong side, so the handles were controlling the wrong guys.
Here is the photo proof:
Compare this shot from the day I purchased the machine & delivered it to Quelab:
The handles ARE on the wrong side. I can’t believe I made such a simple (yet serious) mistake!
Thanks to everyone that realized it… I am not sure I ever would have realized the problem, just thought something was odd with the table.
I have been unable to upload pictures to the blog, so I cannot show you the table with the correct setup. Here is a link to pics on flickr, though: The incorrect layout versus the correct layout. The side with the goal return should be controlling the red team, not the blue team.
The only upgrade I have thought about for the table is upgrading the ball return. Currently both goals return the ball to same side of the table, the red team, and I think each goal should return to a different side of the table. If we ever get around to that, I’ll be sure to create a new post about it.
Tags3D-printer 3d printing 2600 adafruit air Arduino audio Bubonicon class classes crafting crowdfunding DIY event events gamenight general meeting hack hacknight Ignite Instructables inventables LED Linux Maker Faire makezine marblebrewery meeting Meetings music NMTC pictures potluck privacy Projects public night pyp recap robots space steampunk TechMas theme video Workshop