QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


12-2-2018_general

DECEMBER Community Meeting Agenda:

NOTE: All community meetings are open to members of the public. Attendance is encouraged! Please bring a potluck item to share.

Date: 02 December 2018

Time:

  • 5:00 pm Potluck
  • 6:00 pm Community Meeting

1. Board Report

  • Snail mail address - put in a mail slot
  • Dues Increase on Jan 1 2019
  • Space Cadets is now the Facilities Workgroup

2. Officer Reports

  • President's Report
    • The biggest thing is the Dues Increase, which will be addressed later in the meeting
  • Treasurer's report
    • Caught up on our bills
    • Several members have moved to annual membership
    • Guidestar for donations, we have a $137 donation from (6) people via Facebook
    • $96 check came in from the ColorWheels toy store donation day on 11-6
  • Education: position currently vacant
  • Events Officer: position currently vacant
  • Membership: position currently vacant
    • JT Reporting:
      • 102 active members
      • 9 associate
      • 8 student
      • We now have (21) annual Sustaining memberships
  • Outreach: Charel Morris
    • Nothing to report, but a congratulations to Rebecca, for her fundraising efforts!
  • Social Media: Rebecca Snyder
    • Just figured out how to add a donation button to the facebook page. Yay!
    • Colorwheel toys, as was already reported
    • Will be reporting the dues increase & the option to buy an annual membership at the current rate
    • She did a personal fundraiser on Giving Tuesday, and raised $306
  • Donations: John “JT” Benedetto
    • Nothing to report for November
  • Facilities: John Murray
    • Nothing to report for this month
  • Rental: Darren Moody
    • Nothing to report for this month
  • Area Captains
    • 3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen
      • An overheat issue melted one of the fans, clogging the head. We need a new hot end & some other pieces
    • Arcade - Troy Ross
      • No report submitted
    • Digital Arts - Darrel Knutson
      • Picked up a roll of printing vinyl and a roll of bond paper
      • New price increase effective tomorrow when he prints a new sign
    • Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim
      • Nothing to report this month
    • Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker
      • Nothing to report this month
    • Laser: Craig Goldsmith
      • AUTOFOCUS PROBE: lasercutter probe has been repaired. Thanks to everyone for their patience. Please: all users be more rigorous in watching the device so that we don't damage the cutter agin.
      • BED LEVELING: if/when the bed goes out of level, TEXT THE LASERCUTTER OFFICER immediately. Phone number on sign right above the cutter. Leveling isn't complex, but needs to be done properly.
      • TRAINING RECERTIFICATION:I will start regularly scheduled training for new users as well as start RECERTIFYING existing users in December. I will also look at retraining trainers. Recertification will be staggered, and nobody will get de-certified in the interim, but this will be required.
    • Machine Shop: Denis Muradov
      • Given recent developments, the grinder in the machine shop is off limits to everyone. It is only allowed to be used on a case by cases basis after contacting me.
      • The Jet bandsaw works much better now with a new blade. The overheating and tracking issue is gone. It still needs more work.
      • I used one of Erics furniture moving dollies for a cabinet in the welding shop that belong to the mushroom grower. I saw him moving his cabinet out with that dolly some time ago, but he has not returned it as far as I know.
      • Because I found a chipped milling bit (and potentially some suspect ones too) I have updated the signage to state that only aluminum and some plastics are allowed to be used. So materials like steel require that you bring in your own blades, bits, etc.
      • I had a member work on the x-carve. He managed to make a test cut and identified some areas needing improvement.
      • I have ordered cabling and misc panels for the CNC mill.
  • Welding: John Murray
    • Nothing to report this month
  • Woodshop: Jesse Trujillo
    • Feel free to come to me with anything

3. Old Business

  • Dues Increase
    • Dues will go up 1-1-19
      • Sustaining, from $40 to $50
      • Associate & Student, from $20 to $25
      • Annual rate, from $400 to $500
      • Can purchase Annual membership now at current rate
    • Quelab Holiday Fundraiser - ornaments by Darren

4. New Business

  • Digital Arts Price Increase
    • Darrel to send out to the MEMBERS list in the next few days
  • Decorating for Christmas
    • Does anyone want to help decorate for Christmas? Tree upstairs & some decorations, too
    • In previous years we have run Techmas to promote tech recycling
  • Future of Hacknights
    • Do we want to continue out once-a-month hacknights? Or return to twice a week or some other variant?
    • The Show N Tell nights were well received
    • There were informal tuesday night get togethers for a bit, and they were fun
    • Josh suggested having a members only night on the 2nd Sunday of the month concurrent with the Orientation
  • MakerFaire in April
    • Can volunteer for us for the MMF folks
  • Star Wars Fest @ Rio Rancho Library in January - last Saturday in January, the 26th
  • New Woodshop Area Captain - Jesse Trujillo

ACTION ITEMS

  • Darrel to send out to the MEMBERS about the price increase in the Digital Arts Lab
  • Adric/JT to take the future of hackinights discussion to email

Meeting Adjourned by JT, 2nd by Ray @ 6:52 p.m.

12-2-2018_general.txt · Last modified: 2019/01/06 19:33 by John Benedetto