QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


2-26-2017_officers

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
2-26-2017_officers [2017/03/22 13:28]
John Benedetto
2-26-2017_officers [2017/03/22 13:34]
John Benedetto
Line 7: Line 7:
 **Agenda:** **Agenda:**
  
-  ​* Eagle Scout Project (Darren)+   * Eagle Scout Project (Darren)
   * UNM Rocketry Project   * UNM Rocketry Project
   * RFID system changes discussion - tabled   * RFID system changes discussion - tabled
   * What’s happening in March   * What’s happening in March
 +  * Paul Rosenberg’s project
 +    * Quelab is the beneficiary of Paul’s Project
 +    * On Earth Day (Sat, Apr 22) a combined e-recycle day/​Take-aParty
 +    * W/Cherry Hills Library AT Cherry Hills Library, 9 - 3 (Drop off at 9, event itself at 10)
 +    * Help will be needed if we want this to be a Quelab “Event” with PR, etc.
 +    * Resulting e-waste will most likely be stored @ Quelab for a few days, since the scrap yards
 +  * UNM Rocketry Project
 +    * Avery & Chaz are from MMF (they make the makerbot plushies)
 +    * Avery is project mgr for the UNM Rocket Team, this is the first year of UNM Rocket Team, Building a 46 ft record-breaking model rocket
 +    * Dividing build space between Quelab & Air Force research labs
 +    * Will be working on the electronics systems here, maybe building one section of the rocket here, using electronics area, & woodworking
 +    * Will be launching it at the Rocket Society site in Rio Rancho on Apr 22th, setting up the pad on the 19th, & launch either 22nd or 23rd
 +    * (6) student memberships
 +    * Special orientation for them on Tuesday the 28th w/Josh
 +    * Gonner worked with the group the other day about what tools we have & some of our policies
 +    * Discussion on security of their stuff & any tools they bring in
 +    * Avery wants to share publicity - we can publicise them on our blog, twitter, Charel can coordinate with Makers, possibly on the MAKE: blog, too
 +    * We offered to help with Tee shirts and/or logos on the rocket - screenprinting or bleach shirt, or the wide format vinyl cutter
 +  * What’s happening in March
 +    * Spring Break at the Balloon Museum
 +    * Troy Drones, Josh 3d printing, Alice & balloons
 +    * 1 day on the week, one on the weekend, Charel will send out dates & details
 +    * Help is welcome (needed!)
 +    * Expecting 1K to 2K visitors
 +  * RFID system changes discussion - tabled due to absences
 +  * Financial “Attitude” discussion
 +    * What is our fiscal attitude? “Just enough to make the bills (& a little extra)”, or should we be trying to make significant amounts of money?
 +    * Discussion took place
 +    * “Somewhere in the middle”
 +    * “We should be in the black & not much more”
 +    * “That is one of the reasons we are doing the Education stuff” - paying the instructors with the new proposal
 +    * “Quelab IS in the black. We have allocated funds for emergencies & maintenance & what not”
 +    * “I like thinking big”
 +  * 2 things to mention (Rebecca)
 +    * Int’l Open Hackerscape Day Mar 25
 +    * Int’l Arduino Day Apr 1
 +  * Adric is re-working the VOIP phone system.
 +    * Currently working for outgoing calls
 +    * In process to work for incoming calls 
  
-  ​* +    ​Next Meeting scheduled ​for March 26th @ 5
- +
-**Financial “Attitude” discussion **  **——————————————————————————————-** +
- +
-**Minutes:​** +
- +
-**Attending:​ Darren, Rebecca, John, Eric, Darrel, Sara, Gonner, Celeste, JT, Adric, Aaron** +
- +
-**Guests: members Will, Dennis, Avery & her mother Chaz (Rocket Project)** +
- +
-**Absent: Josh, Sherie, Craig** +
- +
-**Agenda** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Eagle Scout Project (Darren)** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Paul Rosenberg’s project** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Quelab is the beneficiary of Paul’s Project** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**On Earth Day (Sat, Apr 22) a combined e-recycle day/​Take-aParty** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**W/Cherry Hills Library AT Cherry Hills Library, 9 - 3 (Drop off at 9, event itself at 10)** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Help will be needed if we want this to be a Quelab “Event” with PR, etc.** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Resulting e-waste will most likely be stored @ Quelab ​for a few days, since the scrap yards ** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**UNM Rocketry Project** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Avery & Chaz are from MMF (they make the makerbot plushies)** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Avery is project mgr for the UNM Rocket Team, this is the first year of UNM Rocket Team, Building a 46 ft record-breaking model rocket** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Dividing build space between Quelab & Air Force research labs** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Will be working on the electronics systems here, maybe building one section of the rocket here, using electronics area, & woodworking** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Will be launching it at the Rocket Society site in Rio Rancho on Apr 22th, setting up the pad on the 19th, & launch either 22nd or 23rd** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**(6) student memberships** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Special orientation for them on Tuesday the 28th w/Josh** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Gonner worked with the group the other day about what tools we have & some of our policies** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Discussion on security of their stuff & any tools they bring in** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Avery wants to share publicity - we can publicise them on our blog, twitter, Charel can coordinate with Makers, possibly on the MAKE: blog, too** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**We offered to help with Tee shirts and/or logos on the rocket - screenprinting or bleach shirt, or the wide format vinyl cutter** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**What’s happening in March** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Spring Break at the Balloon Museum** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Troy Drones, Josh 3d printing, Alice & balloons** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**1 day on the week, one on the weekend, Charel will send out dates & details** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Help is welcome (needed!)** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Expecting 1K to 2K visitors** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**RFID system changes discussion - tabled due to absences** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Financial “Attitude” discussion ** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**What is our fiscal attitude? “Just enough to make the bills (& a little extra)”, or should we be trying to make significant amounts of money?** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Discussion took place** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**“Somewhere in the middle”** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**“We should be in the black & not much more”** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**“That is one of the reasons we are doing the Education stuff” - paying the instructors with the new proposal** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**“Quelab IS in the black. We have allocated funds for emergencies & maintenance & what not”** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**“I like thinking big”** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**2 things to mention (Rebecca)** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Int’l Open Hackerscape Day Mar 25** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Int’l Arduino Day Apr 1** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Adric is re-working the VOIP phone system.** +
- +
-  * +
- +
-**Currently working for outgoing calls** +
- +
-  *+
  
-**In process to work for incoming calls** ​ **Next Meeting scheduled for March 26th @ 5** 
  
  
2-26-2017_officers.txt · Last modified: 2017/03/22 13:34 by John Benedetto