QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


3-4-2018_general

MARCH Community Meeting Agenda:

DRAFT. If you have an item to add to the agenda, please let an officer know.

NOTE: All community meetings are open to members of the public. Attendance is encouraged! Please bring a potluck item to share.

Date: 04 March 2018

Time:

  • 5:00 pm Pot Luck
  • 6:00 pm Community Meeting

1. Board Report

2. Officer Reports

  • President's Report
  • Treasurer's report
  • Education: position currently vacant
  • Events Officer: position currently vacant
  • Membership: position currently vacant
  • Outreach: Charel Morris
  • Social Media: Rebecca Snyder
  • Donations: John “JT” Benedetto
  • Facilities: John Murray
  • Rental: Darren Moody
  • Area Captains
    • 3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen
    • Arcade - Troy Ross
    • Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim
    • Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker
    • Laser: Craig Goldsmith
    • Metal Shop: Eric Lee
    • Welding: John Murray
    • Woodshop: Gonner Menning

3. Old Business

  • BOD Election Results

4. New Business

  • Special Election to replace departing Director Chris Zapotocky

Minutes:

1. Board Report

  • Adric - Just met today
    • Verifying bylaws changes
    • Space Federation still referred
    • New Directory, Jesse T.
    • Old Director departing, Craig
    • New Chair is the old chair - Charel & JT
    • Power Bills VERY large; will be investigating

2. Officer Reports

  • President's Report
    • Most importantly, Special Election coming up in April
  • Treasurer's report
    • Dealing with large electric bill; please keep lights off, and be mindful of your power usage
    • Power comes into the complex in one place, and is split up by the landlord
    • $4600 in checking, with 6K in savings
    • Account at the new bank is setup. We will be working to go away from Square & Stripe to a new payment processor that the bank offers
  • Education: position currently vacant
  • Events Officer: position currently vacant
  • Membership: John “JT” Benedetto, acting officer
    • 103 active members, 78 Sustaining, 9 associates, and 15 students
  • Outreach: Charel Morris
    • Maker event at SY Jackson school this past Friday
    • MiniMakerFaire coming up. We will be doing promos & stuff
      • April 21, 22 of 2018 for MMF
      • John & Terri will be here
    • Visit to AFRL & the campus MakerSpace, MakerHub, available to anyone that has base access
    • AFRL is donating a multi tool that Eric has approved coming into the metal shop
  • Social Media: Rebecca Snyder
    • MMF coming up
    • Rebecca is self-volunteering to handle the Volunteers for MMF
  • Donations: John “JT” Benedetto
    • Have sold the following on eBay on behalf of Quelab:
      • $19.25 - Resistor, Axial, Military, Metal Film, Precision, 100K Ohms, 0.1%, 200V, 1/8W
      • $30.00 - Gold Scrap - Mixture of CPUs and RAM (74.55 oz - 2117 g)
      • $15.00 - Cable, Lens Extension, Dimâge EX (New)
      • $64.25 = TOTAL (Before eBay and Paypal Commissions Taken Out)
    • Recycling run of $36 of transformers, etc.
  • Facilities: John Murray
    • Looking into tile replacements
  • Rental: Darren Moody
    • Nothing new to report, 4 benches available
  • Area Captains
    • 3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen - no report
    • Arcade - Troy Ross
      • Another PS4 controller
      • Hung some acoustic panels in the room
      • Still missing the remote control
    • Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim
      • Nothing to report
    • Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker
      • Nothing to report
    • Laser: Craig Goldsmith
      • Nothing to report
    • Metal Shop: Eric Lee
      • No injuries, all major machines operational
    • Welding: John Murray
      • Looking into coordinating welding classes again. Working with the Board
    • Woodshop: Gonner Menning
      • No report sent

3. Old Business

  • Board of Directors’ election
    • Quorum reached between 7 & 7:30 the night of the election. Very good!
    • Decided to not make phone calls requesting people to come vote as was done in previous elections
    • Jesse Trujillo elected as Director, Craig Goldsmith finishing his term
    • Thinking of an RSVP setup for next year's Election Party for the catering to better control food costs
  • S Y Jackson Elementary Maker Fair (Josh, Morgan, Celeste)
    • Attended Friday the 2nd showing Sabers & 3d Printers
    • Had propaganda for both Quelab & MMF
    • Some interesting news about Fuse:
      • To demo stuff for Fuse, you must pay to take a class

4. New Business

  • Special Board election to replace resigned Director
  • One of the Directors stepped down
    • Emails to come
    • It won’t be catered
    • The newly elected director will be serving out the remainder of a term - about 11 months
  • Radio Club member collaboration
    • Reproducing an element of a radio case. Based on a picture from a book from the 40’s or 50’s, then Adric found out that the member also had broken piece
    • Radio Club member made a donation to Quelab out of gratitude
    • We hope to get a pic of the finished project
  • Josh assisted a friend in making a large “Cat-thulu” about 6 feet long. Based on a file from Thingiverse

Meeting adjourned at 6:42 p.m.

3-4-2018_general.txt · Last modified: 2018/03/20 20:35 by John Benedetto