QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


space_cadets_1-22-17_meeting_minutes

Space Cadets Meeting

Date: 22 January 2017

Time: 6:00 pm Meeting start

DISCUSSION ITEMS

Space Cadets Mission, raison d’etre: what is the scope of the group, revisit the Board Mandate for the group to establish consistency of understanding Mission Control 3D Printing move into room #3 The temperature variations in this room helped the 3D printing people decide against this move Possible rearrangement of Laser Cutter Room Lockers to where? Paint Cabinet to where? Ceramics Area Installation of special sink trap

Minutes:

Celeste, Gonner, John M., Darren, JT, Bandit, Craig, Troy, Aaron, Cherie, Rebecca

Space Cadets Mission, raison d’etre: what is the scope of the group, revisit the Board Mandate for the group to establish consistency of understanding Craig read the Board Response from last April Based on that, the Ceramics area definitely falls within the purview of the Space Cadets Some discussion took place on consensus process Mission Control Ham Shack? Leave as an office? Can we get a proposal on what is needed, how much space? Power requirements, etc.? What should be in a proposal? How much space> Power requirements? Special infrastructure? How many people? How often? Noise Level? Environmental Requirements? 3D Printing move into room #3 The temperature variations in this room helped the 3D printing people decide against this move Possible rearrangement of Laser Cutter Room Dedicate to Lasercutting for storage, material storage, some tables, possibly another computer to design work & lasercut practice Lockers to where? To annex? Paint Cabinet to where? To annex? Can the 2nd door in that room be blocked off? Not sure - depends on occupancy requirements Proposal to dedicate the laser cutter room, Passed by consensus Ceramics Area Installation of special sink trap Needed if we get a wheel; don’t have one now, no plans for one Might still be good to get one, either commercial or homemade Kilns Nice to use outside (fenced in area) If you fire a glaze would need to be outside Craig proposed we approve the work Sherie Passed by consensus Does the Annex need an Area Captain/Officer? Board discussion would be needed

Drew asked why the removal of Chris’ super computer project, since he did all that work running power to the west attic.

Next meeting set for Sunday Feb 26th, @ 6:00 p.m.

Proposed items for next meeting Cleaning the Tallway (top of the stairs in the shop)

ACTION ITEMS

  • Bandit to contact Morgan for a proposal on the Ham Shack
  • JT to make a Space Cadets page on the wiki
  • Proposal requirements
  • Link to Google Doc for them to print out & use
  • JT (or Tech) to add Josh to Space Cadets listserv
space_cadets_1-22-17_meeting_minutes.txt · Last modified: 2017/02/26 15:14 by John Benedetto