Welcome to Quelab Wiki
This site is used for planning and operations for Quelab hackerspace.
Memberships are just $40 monthly and gets you 24/7 access to the space, the internet, and the tools.
Become a member today!
Connect with Quelab on:
|Blog||YouTube Channel||Flickr||Meetup group||Eventbrite|
Schedule of Upcoming Events
Check out Main page for the most up to date events info http://quelab.net/
- See the GoogleCalendar
- Hacknight/Makenight, Sundays and Tuesdays starting at 7pm,
- Co-working day Tuesdays 9-4pm: Bring a project or bring something you want to totally take apart. (or Grab from out box of "Hack this stuff", all levels of experience welcome!
- Started a new workshop series called the Weekday Literati. Wednesdays from 7-9ish. The list of topics is posted somewhere?
- 2600 Hacker Quarterly, meeting, First Friday of every month! (about 6pm-10), Beer is always an option! Open to all curious about electronics, security, grey/black hattery.
- General Business Meetings First-ish Sunday of the month 4:30pm @ Quelab! All are welcome to attend, with a potluck, so bring & enjoy food, too.
So what projects have you done to show for yourselves?
- ABQ Mini-Maker Faire
- Space Chiles, In collaboration with Mach 30 and Adler Planetarium.
- Things that go BOOM!?, Postponed from June.
- May?, ?
- Arduino April?, Month long focus on the Arduino. Weekly workshops and a final project
- March of the Robots?, <description>.
- February Food month, Chocolate and other hack-able foods will be the focus this month.
- SECRET January project?, Look here for more details and the "reveal" later this month! *devilish laugh*
- Deck the Lab?, Christmas/Holiday lighting display with automated controller to synchronize lights to music.
- Techmas 2011, Christmas crafting projects
- The Haunted Lab, an open house behind the scenes look at how to make goulish and scary props and decorations out of everyday household items, for cheap! <insert pics here>
- "Steam Punk it up" Event: Craft fair/swap/workspace <insert pics here>
- Air, Space, and Beyond! Event: featuring guests from the ABQ Rocket Society and the Challenger learning Center. Fun will come in the form of balloons, rocketships and astronomy, <insert pics here>
- Music of the Electronics? This month, are exploring all things audio. Check out Ehren Saavedra's circuit bent rhythmboxes, speed control for tape players, and learn how to chop and screw. Snoop on inducted sound with Adric Menning. Trace Norris will be showing us how to make electronic drum pads and integrate them with software. Brian Botkiller will be showing off some of his music creation process. You'll also get to play with synthesizers, off-the-shelf, homemade and otherwise. Make a simple speaker with household materials and more!
- Learn & Play Event Sustainability: Become an Eco-MacGyver? After we all recover from the morning's Yardsale, We are rolling out our first ever Daytime event, to Help showcase our solar/reuse/renewable projects. And some from the community. At 2pm, we will open our doors for the main event, Sustainability: Become an Eco-MacGyver. We’ll be showcasing some neat sustainability-related projects and getting crafty with upcycling and recycling a variety of materials from plastic grocery bags to empty wine bottles to make useful, beautiful items for you to take home with you. You might win some nifty door prizes too!
- This month we’re playing with Robots! We’ll be ending the month with a huge party to showcase what has been built, rebuilt, and found. Robot kits, door prizes, mini battles, and much more planned.
- Hands on Magnet projects to take home and more!? This month we’re exploring electromagnetism. Come by and play with magnets, electrostatics and more!
- Explore LEDs as Art and Science? It's LED month at Quelab, come celebrate it with us! Check out our cool LED projects. Make magnetic LEDs and LED jewelery to take home! Materials provided!
And what about public appearances?
- We had a booth setup at Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (most recently 2012)
- Booth at TEDxABQ
- IgniteNM 13?, on 22 August (lucky) number 13 held at the Unser Racing Museum. Presentation by Walter Duran?
- IgniteNM 11 was there a presentation by Quelab here???
- Privacy/Paranoia Class: Delve into the dark abyss of what actually is “Secure.” The focus will be on internet privacy and online personal security. All are welcome.
- Crowdfund this! I don't remember this event. fill in details here?
- Ignight: An introduction to Quelab. Founder Gabe Ortiz gives an overview of the early start up days of Quelab in a presentation at http://vimeo.com/5648869
- IgniteNM 9, Adric's slides on Layperson Locksmithing
Become A Member Today!!
- HeatSync Labs in Arizone visited us, and posted some videos.
- Photos! Lots of Glorious photos, on the Flickr Quelab Group! http://www.flickr.com/groups/quelab
How You Can Help
- Sign up on the mailing list.
- Attend a meeting.
- Become a member! You get extra cool points if you sign up for automatic payments!
- Help us fill in a needslist, Consider offering a bounty for those items!
- Leads on potential sources of funding, fundraising events, and equipment.
- Help us keep this up to date! ask on the mail list if You need the password
- Read the Recent Changes