Main.04-01-2012-Board History

Hide minor edits - Show changes to markup

April 03, 2012, at 11:05 AM by 12.155.10.50 -
Changed line 53 from:
  • Treasurer: and, $694(Deposit) $90 paypal $150 square, 300+ event take. Now at 23 members.
to:
  • Treasurer: and, $694(Deposit) $90 paypal $150 square, $450+ event take. Now at 23 members.
April 02, 2012, at 11:30 PM by 98.230.200.99 -
April 02, 2012, at 11:29 PM by 98.230.200.99 -
Added line 52:
Changed lines 57-62 from:
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap, details here: Stone contest google doc
  • Maker faire, open for volunteers, and promo stuff, (some delayed due to logo issues),
    • needs some help with proposal review of tech related projects, would like quelab to be involved in the vetting.
    • Call makers, to be posted on our website.
    • Proposal request for logists meetings here at quelab, we all agreed it should work, especially with a member sponsor,,
to:
  • Stone contest: Adric gave a recap, details here: Stone contest google doc
  • Maker Faire: open for volunteers and promo stuff (some delayed due to logo issues)
    • Charel needs some help with proposal review of tech related projects, would like Quelab to be involved in the vetting.
    • Call for makers to be posted on our website.
    • Proposal request for logistics meetings here at Quelab, we all agreed it should work, especially with a member sponsor.
Changed lines 64-66 from:
   *** need to know ammounts, 
   *** Is it ok with SF,  10% to sf? (James says it may be negotiatable, but details are needed)
   *** Arron brings up perhaps it could 10% be off of the NET, not off of the whole 
to:
   *** need to know amounts 
   *** Is it ok with SF,  10% to sf? (James says it may be negotiable, but details are needed)
   *** Aaron:  perhaps it could 10% be off of the NET, not off of the whole 
Changed lines 68-88 from:
  • Will be a list of volunteers needed.
  • Lab Store/Canteen, no major progress, vending machine, looks like some sort of diy kit, may be the trick. intrum and lower cost parts. might be drawers. more to be debated.
  • Space organisation: its working, still needs more volunteers, for kitchen and carpeted room (geoff takes computer room)
    • need to plan the yardsale
  • Linux Night/Game night: game night was good, need to pass the hat more,, need to do it regularly, linux night: success! good turnout, more passing the hats?

May Need some signage, no unsupervised children, if you use a dish, wash 2...

  • Recap March of the robots, Ray and Afred got 3d prints!!!
    • Adric, I thanked everyone for their hard work, despite the last moment cancellation of craig it went really well,
    • Arron a little worried about the pressure of teaching, but we have some support.
    • Charel thins it went really well, but suggested we need a bit of signage. she says she has a printer. Getting more directions and signs up.
    • Not getting through very well the intent of the night and to be part of the hackerspace. also when the membership was handed out it was not well described.
    • perhaps some gift cards/ more memberships, (perhaps limited membership as to not give out keys)
    • Questions about what is quelab about.
    • Need more Communication(amongst ourselves, and also to our customers)
    • kids, share parents kits, with additional kits to sell. (helps to make them work together)
to:
  • Charel will make a list of volunteers needed.
  • Lab Store/Canteen, no major progress, vending machine, looks like some sort of DIY kit, may be the trick. intrum and lower cost parts. might be drawers. more to be debated.
  • Space planning: its working, still needs more volunteers, for kitchen and carpeted room (Geoff takes computer room)
    • Need to plan the next yardsale
    • We may need some signage, e.g, no unsupervised children, if you use a dish, wash two, etc.
  • Linux Night/Game Night: game night was good, need to pass the hat more, need to do it regularly; linux night: success! good turnout, picked up 2 new members, more passing the hats?
  • March of the Robots Recap, Ray and Alfred got 3d prints!!!
    • Adric: thanks to everyone for their hard work, despite the last moment cancellation of craig it went really well,
    • Arron: a little worried about the pressure of teaching, but we have some support.
    • Charel: it went really well, but we need a bit of signage. She has a printer that can print poster-sized pages. Getting more directions and signs up.
    • Not getting through very well the intent of the night and to be part of the hackerspace. Also when the membership was handed out it was not well described.
    • Perhaps some gift cards/ more memberships, (perhaps limited membership as to not give out keys)
    • Questions about what is quelab about.
    • Need more communication(amongst ourselves, and also to our customers)
    • Kids, share parents kits, with additional kits to sell. (helps to make them work together)
Changed lines 93-97 from:

Marketing tabled due to illness. (addie was not here) Video's!

Requirements

to:
  • Marketing tabled due to illness. (Addie was not here)
  • Videos!
  • Space Requirements
Changed lines 97-99 from:

Survey members(was greg, but never happened), about space wants, (distance?) Walter?

to:
  • Survey members about space wants
    • Walter will follow up with the membership
    • Possible questions to ask: how far a commute?
April 02, 2012, at 11:19 PM by 98.230.200.99 -
Changed line 56 from:
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap Stone contest google doc
to:
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap, details here: Stone contest google doc
April 02, 2012, at 11:19 PM by 98.230.200.99 -
Changed lines 43-44 from:

Attendees: \\ Geoff, Ray, Adric, Alfred, Aaron, Charel, Zig, wilton, Larry

to:

Attendees: \\ Geoff, Ray, Adric, Alfred, Aaron, Charel, Zig, Wilton, Larry, Walter, Greg, bandit, James

Changed lines 54-56 from:
  • Voice bridge call: nobody from here made it to do it. James gave a little recap, (open source access control in hackerspaces, this fall may be a hackathon to do it. Fund Raising workshops also likely in the fall. 3 other hspaces may also be coming up to do similar outside funding sources as us and the possible EECE.
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap of his and addies google doc
to:
  • Space Federation monthly call: nobody from here made it to do it. James gave a little recap, (open source access control in hackerspaces, this fall may be a hackathon to do it. Fund Raising workshops also likely in the fall. 3 other hspaces may also be coming up to do similar outside funding sources as us and the possible EECE.
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap Stone contest google doc
April 01, 2012, at 07:02 PM by Adric - adding links and cleaning up.
Changed lines 52-53 from:
  • Tressurer: and, $694 $90 paypal $150 square, 300+ event take, 22 members
to:
  • Treasurer: and, $694(Deposit) $90 paypal $150 square, 300+ event take. Now at 23 members.
Changed lines 56-57 from:
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap of his and addies google doc, will link itup later
to:
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap of his and addies google doc
Changed lines 77-78 from:

May Need some sinage, no unsupervised children, if you use a dish, wash 2,

to:

May Need some signage, no unsupervised children, if you use a dish, wash 2...

Changed lines 86-87 from:
  • Need more Communication,
  • kids, share parents kits, with additional kits to sell.
to:
  • Need more Communication(amongst ourselves, and also to our customers)
  • kids, share parents kits, with additional kits to sell. (helps to make them work together)
April 01, 2012, at 06:57 PM by Adric -
Changed lines 96-102 from:
  • Manditory
    • Wifi
  • Desires
  • Visionary

(taking notes on paper to compile later)

to:
 See external google doc of extracted compiled Needs/desires/visions
Deleted line 101:
April 01, 2012, at 05:58 PM by Adric - Meeting notes
Changed lines 93-94 from:
to:

Video's!

Changed line 100 from:
  • Visonary
to:
  • Visionary
Changed lines 103-105 from:

Meeting closed:

to:

Survey members(was greg, but never happened), about space wants, (distance?) Walter?

Meeting closed: 6:59

April 01, 2012, at 05:28 PM by 174.28.165.172 -
Changed lines 43-46 from:

Attendees: \\

Started at:

to:

Attendees: \\ Geoff, Ray, Adric, Alfred, Aaron, Charel, Zig, wilton, Larry

Started at: 4:46 with ice breaker,

Conference Bridge opened but only noisy hold music

Read the Ground Rules,

reports:

  • Tressurer: and, $694 $90 paypal $150 square, 300+ event take, 22 members
  • Voice bridge call: nobody from here made it to do it. James gave a little recap, (open source access control in hackerspaces, this fall may be a hackathon to do it. Fund Raising workshops also likely in the fall. 3 other hspaces may also be coming up to do similar outside funding sources as us and the possible EECE.
  • Stone contest, Adric gave a recap of his and addies google doc, will link itup later
  • Maker faire, open for volunteers, and promo stuff, (some delayed due to logo issues),
    • needs some help with proposal review of tech related projects, would like quelab to be involved in the vetting.
    • Call makers, to be posted on our website.
    • Proposal request for logists meetings here at quelab, we all agreed it should work, especially with a member sponsor,,
    • Maker Faire/Intel: ISEA money for community projects, possibly used for buying soldering irons/tools,
      • need to know ammounts,
      • Is it ok with SF, 10% to sf? (James says it may be negotiatable, but details are needed)
      • Arron brings up perhaps it could 10% be off of the NET, not off of the whole
      • Grant kits are in the works?(James)
    • Will be a list of volunteers needed.
  • Lab Store/Canteen, no major progress, vending machine, looks like some sort of diy kit, may be the trick. intrum and lower cost parts. might be drawers. more to be debated.
  • Space organisation: its working, still needs more volunteers, for kitchen and carpeted room (geoff takes computer room)
    • need to plan the yardsale
  • Linux Night/Game night: game night was good, need to pass the hat more,, need to do it regularly, linux night: success! good turnout, more passing the hats?

May Need some sinage, no unsupervised children, if you use a dish, wash 2,

  • Recap March of the robots, Ray and Afred got 3d prints!!!
    • Adric, I thanked everyone for their hard work, despite the last moment cancellation of craig it went really well,
    • Arron a little worried about the pressure of teaching, but we have some support.
    • Charel thins it went really well, but suggested we need a bit of signage. she says she has a printer. Getting more directions and signs up.
    • Not getting through very well the intent of the night and to be part of the hackerspace. also when the membership was handed out it was not well described.
    • perhaps some gift cards/ more memberships, (perhaps limited membership as to not give out keys)
    • Questions about what is quelab about.
    • Need more Communication,
    • kids, share parents kits, with additional kits to sell.

New Business:

  • Sublease, we need to rent it! Walter missed his target, we need to get word out asap. and get it up

Marketing tabled due to illness. (addie was not here)

Requirements

  • Manditory
    • Wifi
  • Desires
  • Visonary

(taking notes on paper to compile later)

April 01, 2012, at 02:41 PM by 12.218.138.139 -
Changed line 5 from:

Date: 03 April 2012\\

to:

Date: 01 April 2012\\

April 01, 2012, at 02:40 PM by 12.218.138.139 -
Changed lines 17-21 from:
  • Andrew Stone contest
  • ISEA & Maker Faire September 19-24
  • Lab store/canteen
  • Space Organization
  • Linux/Game nights
to:
  • (Adric)Andrew Stone contest
  • ()ISEA & Maker Faire September 19-24
  • (Ray)Lab store/canteen
  • ()Space Organization
  • (Walter)Linux/Game nights
March 31, 2012, at 09:00 AM by 98.230.200.99 -
Added line 21:
  • Linux/Game nights
March 27, 2012, at 08:51 PM by 174.28.183.81 -
Changed line 9 from:

Ground Rules (Geoff)

to:

Ground Rules (Ray)

March 27, 2012, at 08:30 PM by 174.28.183.81 -
Changed line 9 from:

Ground Rules

to:

Ground Rules (Geoff)

Changed lines 31-32 from:
  • June -- Things that go BOOM
  • July
to:
  • Things that go BOOM (June)
  • July -- Theme Discussion
March 27, 2012, at 08:27 PM by 174.28.183.81 -
Changed lines 15-18 from:
  • () Review of March Conf Call with School Factory
  • ()
  • ()
to:
  • (Ray) Review of March Conf Call with School Factory
  • Task Forces
    • Andrew Stone contest
    • ISEA & Maker Faire September 19-24
    • Lab store/canteen
    • Space Organization
Changed lines 23-24 from:
  • (all) Outbrief from March of the Robots event
  • (all) Game Night Recap
to:
  • (all) March of the Robots recap
  • (all) Game Night recap
Changed line 31 from:
  • June theme
to:
  • June -- Things that go BOOM
Deleted lines 36-41:
  • Task Forces
    • Andrew Stone contest
    • ISEA & Maker Faire September 19-24
    • Lab store/canteen
    • Space Organization
March 27, 2012, at 08:25 PM by 174.28.183.81 -
Changed lines 21-22 from:
to:
  • (all) Game Night Recap
Changed line 38 from:
to:
  • Space Organization
March 26, 2012, at 02:01 PM by 12.218.138.139 -
Changed line 11 from:
to:
  • "2 truths & a lie" [-gm just a suggestion]
March 24, 2012, at 01:03 PM by 76.185.129.158 -
Changed lines 7-8 from:

PIZZA

to:

PIZZA!

March 24, 2012, at 01:00 PM by 76.185.129.158 -
Changed line 7 from:
to:

PIZZA

March 24, 2012, at 12:55 PM by 76.185.129.158 -
Changed lines 28-31 from:
  • (Kemper) discuss the warehouse space
to:
  • (All) Create 3 lists of hackerspace "requirements". [-gm I think the focus should be on the mandatory and desires]
    • Mandatory ("have to have's"... "I wont cont to Quelab unless the space has ____")
    • Desires ("nice to have's"... "If I were to get the most use of Quelab I'd need ______")
    • Visionary (long term ideas... "I've seen the best hackerspaces in the world and they all have _______")
Changed lines 34-35 from:
  • ISEA September 19-24
  • Game/linux/misc nights resuming/starting?
to:
  • ISEA & Maker Faire September 19-24
Added lines 36-37:
March 24, 2012, at 12:42 PM by 76.185.129.158 -
Added lines 1-45:

April Meeting Agenda:

"Hacking is not a spectator sport. -unknown"

NOTE: All meetings are open to Quelab members and members of the public. Attendance is encouraged!
Date: 03 April 2012
Time: 4:30-6pm

Ground Rules

Ice Breaker

Agenda Review:

Reports

  • (Geoff)Treasurer's report
  • () Review of March Conf Call with School Factory
  • ()
  • ()

Old business:

  • (all) Outbrief from March of the Robots event

New Business

  • Sub-lease
  • (Addie) marketing discussion:
    • Official Duties of the Quelab "Communication officer"(?)
    • Arduino April workshops marketing
    • June theme
    • July
  • (Kemper) discuss the warehouse space
  • Task Forces
    • Andrew Stone contest
    • ISEA September 19-24
    • Game/linux/misc nights resuming/starting?
    • Lab store/canteen

<<back


Discussion Notes:

Attendees: \\

Started at:

Meeting closed: