Main.05-06-2012-General History

Hide minor edits - Show changes to markup

May 08, 2012, at 10:30 AM by Adric -
Changed line 114 from:

Hackaday showcase Talked with ray about this.

to:

Hackaday showcase(Hackaday wants to publish videos from all hackerspaces that submit tours/info videos... Talked with ray about this.

May 08, 2012, at 10:28 AM by Adric - cleaning up notes, near final version,
Changed lines 46-47 from:

In Attendance: Geoff, Ray, Bandit, Aaron, Charel, Zig, Cameron, Alfred, Morgan, Will

to:

In Attendance: Geoff, Ray, Bandit, Aaron, Charel, Zig, Cameron, Alfred, Morgan, Will, Adric

Changed lines 67-73 from:

Lab Canteen: Ray we need organising first, will may do some prototyping.

Space organisation: Lab needs cleaning, yard, geoff weeded a bit. We still need to do some shrubbery clearing

Insurance, Philladelphia insurance company, finally found someone who would do us, $1491 per year. Will has an aunt in CO that may be able to get us some comparison shopping.

to:

Lab Canteen: Ray we need organizing first, will may do some prototyping.

Space organization: Lab needs cleaning, yard, geoff weeded a bit. We still need to do some shrubbery clearing

Insurance, Philadelphia insurance company, finally found someone who would do us, $1491 per year. Will has an aunt in CO that may be able to get us some comparison shopping.

Changed line 85 from:
  • paper "bangers" oragami noise makers
to:
  • paper "bangers" origami noise makers
Changed lines 87-88 from:

may 15th boom planning meeting

to:

May 15th (Hacknight) boom planning meeting

Changed line 90 from:

Things that are cold?

to:

Things that are cold? liquid nitrogen ice cream? decompression freezing....? need a Dewar for liquid nitrogen....

Added lines 94-95:
Changed lines 97-98 from:

these types of nights need more pushing (calendars alibi). also need folks to request the hacknight. Charel and Morgain need to talk about how to find people.

to:

these types of nights need more pushing (calendars alibi). also need folks to request the hacknight fees, or put a kitty out as obvious as possible that we need something in compensation for these nights (even 2600). Charel and Morgain need to talk about how to find people interested in doing some structured learning for linux night.

Changed lines 101-105 from:

Geoff and Adric as signatory in absense of greg and walter: (agreed to by a quorum).

Walter is MIA so we don't know if there was any progress. i have not seen a posting to the members. next step is to post to cl/lobo/alibi/cnm

to:

Geoff and Adric as signatory in absence of greg and walter: (agreed to by a quorum).

Walter is MIA so we don't know if there was any progress. I have not seen a posting to the members. next step is to post to cl/lobo/alibi/cnm

Changed lines 108-110 from:

Board nomination board members: Req from Heather Belew,

Fleemarket: perhaps the 26th, people were a bit lukewarm on it.

to:

Board nomination board members: Req from Heather Belew, (group agreed we would accept her as a candidate, if she thinks she has the time)

Fleemarket: perhaps the 26th, people were a bit lukewarm on it. It is a good source of revenue, and Adric thinks the cleanup/sorting of the piles of crap we have part of it should be mandatory(or atleast strongly encouraged)

May 08, 2012, at 09:17 AM by 208.54.5.253 -
Changed line 46 from:

In Attendance: Geoff, Ray, Bandit, Aaron,Charel, Zig, cameron, Alfred, morgan, will,

to:

In Attendance: Geoff, Ray, Bandit, Aaron, Charel, Zig, Cameron, Alfred, Morgan, Will

May 08, 2012, at 09:16 AM by 208.54.5.253 -
Changed lines 39-40 from:
  • Hackaday Hackerspace Showcase, (we need to shoot/make a video!)
to:
  • Hackaday Hackerspace Showcase (We need to make a video!)
Changed lines 50-58 from:

Tressurer membership, down 4 and added one, please annotate any cash memberships, you can do it via square app, or squareup website. any boardmember can do it, ask adric or geoff for credentials.

comcast is still bugging us for early termination, this is for the llc, we are going to try to return the modem, but at this time we don't believe we should be recieving this, and it is for the now defunct llc, we maty try and get comcast to supply a copy of the signed contract,.

Talked about the school factory:

Sponsored membership contest: no big progress, adric and addie need to meet and get started

Maker Faire, Charel brought fliers,

to:

Tressurer report: memberships down 4 and added one. Please annotate any cash memberships via square app or squareup website. Any boardmember can do it, ask Adric or Geoff for credentials.

Comcast is still bugging us for early termination. This is for the defunt llc, we are going to try to return the modem, but at this time we don't believe we should be recieving this. We may try and get comcast to supply a copy of the signed contract.

Talked about the school factory.

Sponsored membership contest: no big progress, adric and addie need to meet and get started.

Maker Faire, Charel brought fliers.

Changed lines 67-73 from:

Lab Canteen: Ray we need organising first, will may do some prototyping,

Space organisation: Lab needs cleaning, yard, geoff weeded a bit. we still need to do some shrubbery clearing

Insurance, Philladelphia insurance company, finally found someone who would do us, $1491 per year, Will has an aunt in CO that may be able to get us some comparison shopping.

to:

Lab Canteen: Ray we need organising first, will may do some prototyping.

Space organisation: Lab needs cleaning, yard, geoff weeded a bit. We still need to do some shrubbery clearing

Insurance, Philladelphia insurance company, finally found someone who would do us, $1491 per year. Will has an aunt in CO that may be able to get us some comparison shopping.

Changed lines 76-79 from:

Arduino class: 15people (we were sold out) Diminishing returns on attendance, we would love to get out a exit survey for people. Cameron liked how it was fairly self directed. and cross support. Ray found a very positive feedback.

  • survey how clear was it that they were welcome to come for hacknights, and their impressions, and any ideas that they would like to do, also let them know their arduino april membership has expired, monthly arduino event/hacknight? perhaps charge more later

Things that go boom. Geoff wants to contact fire martial,

to:

Arduino class: 15 people (we were sold out). Diminishing returns on attendance, we would love to get out a exit survey for people. Cameron liked how it was fairly self directed. and cross support. Ray found a very positive feedback.

  • Survey questions: how clear was it that they were welcome to come for hacknights, and their impressions, and any ideas that they would like to do, also let them know their arduino april membership has expired, monthly arduino event/hacknight? perhaps charge more later

Things that go boom. Geoff wants to contact fire marshall.

Changed lines 95-96 from:

these types of nights need more pushing(calendars alibi). also need folks to request the hacknight. Charel and Morgain need to talk about how to find people.

to:

these types of nights need more pushing (calendars alibi). also need folks to request the hacknight. Charel and Morgain need to talk about how to find people.

Changed lines 98-99 from:

Lease: we agreed for another 3month lease Geoff and Adric as signatory in absense of greg and walter: (agreed to by a quarum)

to:

Lease: we agreed for another 3 month lease Geoff and Adric as signatory in absense of greg and walter: (agreed to by a quorum).

May 06, 2012, at 05:36 PM by 71.37.148.160 -
Added lines 113-114:

closed meeting about 6:30

May 06, 2012, at 05:34 PM by 71.37.148.160 -
Changed lines 42-118 from:

to:

Meeting notes: Started: 5:08 In Attendance: Geoff, Ray, Bandit, Aaron,Charel, Zig, cameron, Alfred, morgan, will,

Skipping the ice breaker due to lateness.

Tressurer membership, down 4 and added one, please annotate any cash memberships, you can do it via square app, or squareup website. any boardmember can do it, ask adric or geoff for credentials.

comcast is still bugging us for early termination, this is for the llc, we are going to try to return the modem, but at this time we don't believe we should be recieving this, and it is for the now defunct llc, we maty try and get comcast to supply a copy of the signed contract,.

Talked about the school factory:

Sponsored membership contest: no big progress, adric and addie need to meet and get started

Maker Faire, Charel brought fliers, Things quelab may be able to help/improve

  • Soldering station (3 or 4 tables)
    • people to teach soldering
  • (would like), an advanced soldering table or two, $5 kits?
  • tear down station(uncycling)
  • quelab area
  • if we wind up making kits, profits would be split between quelab and ammf

Lab Canteen: Ray we need organising first, will may do some prototyping,

Space organisation: Lab needs cleaning, yard, geoff weeded a bit. we still need to do some shrubbery clearing

Insurance, Philladelphia insurance company, finally found someone who would do us, $1491 per year, Will has an aunt in CO that may be able to get us some comparison shopping.

Discussion: can we split the policy, can we pay monthly, and can we get a 2nd quote?

Arduino class: 15people (we were sold out) Diminishing returns on attendance, we would love to get out a exit survey for people. Cameron liked how it was fairly self directed. and cross support. Ray found a very positive feedback.

  • survey how clear was it that they were welcome to come for hacknights, and their impressions, and any ideas that they would like to do, also let them know their arduino april membership has expired, monthly arduino event/hacknight? perhaps charge more later

Things that go boom. Geoff wants to contact fire martial, projects: Rockets 101 Greg,

  • snappers (morgan)
  • colors flame test
  • carbide cannons
  • paper rocket
  • paper "bangers" oragami noise makers
  • hydrogen bubbles?

may 15th boom planning meeting

July Event: fizzy, ginger ale Things that are cold? lego event? hovercraft?

themed nights, Board game night, linux, night, and board game night, perhaps a arduino night, these types of nights need more pushing(calendars alibi). also need folks to request the hacknight. Charel and Morgain need to talk about how to find people.

New business Lease: we agreed for another 3month lease Geoff and Adric as signatory in absense of greg and walter: (agreed to by a quarum)

Walter is MIA so we don't know if there was any progress. i have not seen a posting to the members. next step is to post to cl/lobo/alibi/cnm

Not much info for ABQ Hack,

Board nomination board members: Req from Heather Belew,

Fleemarket: perhaps the 26th, people were a bit lukewarm on it.

Ray found a grant writer... but may not have any contact. Question was how much money?

Hackaday showcase Talked with ray about this.

May 06, 2012, at 12:37 AM by 216.184.14.20 -
Added line 37:
  • Cleanup/Yardsale?
May 03, 2012, at 08:29 AM by 216.184.2.22 -
Added line 38:
  • Hackaday Hackerspace Showcase, (we need to shoot/make a video!)
April 26, 2012, at 06:29 PM by Aaron -
Changed lines 30-32 from:
to:
  • Game Night plans
  • LINUX night plans
Changed line 37 from:
to:
  • Be a workspace for ABQ Hack, May 11-13?
April 25, 2012, at 10:56 AM by 12.155.10.44 -
Added line 23:
  • Insurance Proposal
April 18, 2012, at 07:03 PM by 174.28.126.4 -
Changed line 14 from:
  • School Factory Conference Call ()
to:
  • School Factory Conference Call (Geoff & Adric)
April 11, 2012, at 02:59 PM by 12.155.10.50 -
Added lines 33-34:
  • Nominations for Board Members
April 11, 2012, at 02:57 PM by 12.155.10.50 -
Changed line 9 from:

Ground Rules (Facilitator)

to:

Ground Rules (Geoff)

Changed lines 13-14 from:
  • (Geoff)Treasurer's report
  • ()School Factory Conference Call
to:
  • Treasurer's report (Geoff)
  • School Factory Conference Call ()
Changed lines 16-20 from:
  • (Adric)Sponsored Membership contest
  • (Charel)Maker Faire
  • (Ray)Lab store/canteen
  • (Geoff)Space Organization
to:
  • Sponsored Membership contest (Adric)
  • ABQ Maker Faire (Charel)
  • Lab Canteen (Ray)
  • Space Organization (Geoff)
Changed lines 23-24 from:
  • (all) Arduino April recap
to:
  • Arduino April recap (Aaron)
  • Marketing discussion (Addie):
    • Official Duties of the Quelab "Communication Officer"(?)
  • Arduino April workshops marketing
  • Things that go BOOM (June)
  • July -- Theme Discussion
Deleted lines 32-36:
  • (Addie) Marketing discussion:
    • Official Duties of the Quelab "Communication officer"(?)
    • Arduino April workshops marketing
    • Things that go BOOM (June)
    • July -- Theme Discussion
April 11, 2012, at 02:55 PM by 12.155.10.50 -
Added lines 1-35:

May Meeting Agenda:

"Hacking is not a spectator sport. -unknown"

NOTE: All meetings are open to Quelab members and members of the public. Attendance is encouraged!
Date: 06 May 2012
Time: 4:30-6pm

PIZZA!

Ground Rules (Facilitator)

Ice Breaker

Agenda Review:

Reports

  • (Geoff)Treasurer's report
  • ()School Factory Conference Call
  • Task Forces
    • (Adric)Sponsored Membership contest
    • (Charel)Maker Faire
    • (Ray)Lab store/canteen
    • (Geoff)Space Organization

Old business:

  • (all) Arduino April recap

New Business

  • Building Lease Discussion
  • Room Sub-lease
  • (Addie) Marketing discussion:
    • Official Duties of the Quelab "Communication officer"(?)
    • Arduino April workshops marketing
    • Things that go BOOM (June)
    • July -- Theme Discussion

<<back