Meeting was a little better attended, Gabe, Adric, Ray, Greg And Lexi in attendance
Finances still really tight, We need more members, and we need more of the occasional members to show up or at least tell us why they don't/wont anymore.
Music of the electrons, bigger badder and better than most of our past events, and exciting, but wound up with a lower turnout.
- More members/+1's?
- holiday weekend
- not enough publicity on website/blogs
- not enough member manpower
- no set schedule?
June 17th, looks like might be the day of the concert, We need to hit the ground running promoting this asap. finding whom will be playing, and figuring out the logistics.
Kickstarter: Agreed lets look into a kickstarter type funding option to get us 6months worth of breathing space.
- needs perks
- Hackbags, (small netbook/e-reader totes with a small tool/gadget pouch)
- We need stickers
- And while we are at it we need new, Business Cards.
Mission Statement: Greg is going to help Gabe and the rest of us into wordsmithing a 1sheet summery about how awesome it is to hack things.
- Adric will take the lead if Andrew is not up for doing the PCB etching class.
- We need to do an arduino event, I will buy us a few if someone is willing to take a lead on teaching a beginners class.
- Adric is interested in doing a pinhole camera class perhaps in a month.
- Someone want to see if Alan is still interested in a small class on ancient navigation and measure techniques?
- glass blowing/bending?
- classes for artists, (teach them to use LED's or other hackish stuff in their projects)
- Electronic music concert, mid june,
Next Next Event:
- Air and Space, (end of July)
- Paper airplanes and other gliding contests
- Model rockets (real models not plastic kits)
- Water and water and alkaceltzer film can rockets
- Air pressure/water rockets
- Balloon/ Kite photography?
- Static Rocket engine test
- making rocket engines? (just a thought, i know someone who likes to do such things)
- Launch day?
- RC and and other aircraft.
Event ideas: look into making a serious program/schedule for the event. sell ad space!
More effort needs to be put into the hackespace to make it usable both just on a day to day, but also more possible for someone to actually find a tidy space to work at!