Agenda Topics for June meeting Notes from meeting below the line....
Potluck bbq! We need to Do it!
Memberships: We need more!
Hacknights: lots of old regulars MIA why? Meeting Attendance: We need more!
Kickstarter: looking into a kickstarter type funding option to get us 6months worth of breathing space.
- needs perks
- Hackbags, (small netbook/e-reader totes with a small tool/gadget pouch)
- We need stickers
- And while we are at it we need new, Business Cards.
Mission Statement: Its in the works, we should amend/fix/ratify it!
Private events: One Saturdaynight July 2nd, sponsored by Adric.
- PCB etching class.
- Basic Arduino
- Pinhole camera fun
- Someone want to see if Alan is still interested in a small class on ancient navigation and measure techniques?
- glass blowing/bending?
- classes for artists, (teach them to use LED's or other hackish stuff in their projects)
- Electronic music concert, mid june,
Next Next Event:
- Air and Space, (end of July)
- Paper airplanes and other gliding contests
- Model rockets (real models not plastic kits)
- Water and water and alkaceltzer film can rockets
- Air pressure/water rockets
- Balloon/ Kite photography?
- Static Rocket engine test
- making rocket engines? (just a thought, i know someone who likes to do such things)
- Launch day?
- RC and and other aircraft.
Event ideas: look into making a serious program/schedule for the event. sell ad space! Planning details can be found here
Notes: 10 people in Attendance Woohoo!
Still need more members, and cleanup volunteers!
News: Indiegogo launched, [http://www.indiegogo.com/Keep-Quelab-Open]
- we need to work on the perks, and a video
- stickers Ray says Check into stubblefield printing -adric will look into it
- we need to spread the word.. this money may help us go 501c3 and also get tot he self funding stage!
Music event, July 15th, at marble,
- Needs a raffle prize that wont cost us more than we will get
- talk to kemper about tablet
- Needs a PA amp/speaker
- Needs promoting!
Mission Statement: Draft was passed around, it was agreed more language about open-ness/source/minds.
- Community of like minded, ideas, projects and shared equipment.
- shared interests, to help and be helped by others.
- solving problems
Next big event: Earth Sky and Air! We need projects, and vounteers! Lets get cracking!
New Cards are needed, if we can we would like a simplified mission statement or flyer on the back
Classes, the idea was supported, and we have ammended the list of possible classes and gained a few volunteers to spearhead some of them
- beginning Linux -Curtis
- paranoia class -gabe
- pinhole and easy photography -adric
- Arduino class is wanted
- Google Sketchup, or Thingiverse class?
- Hacknights every Sunday & Tuesday 7-10pm
- Linux Class, 7/12 @ 7pm Free!
- Music of the electrons, Music Show 7/15
- Earth Sky And Air 7/30
- Next Monthly planning meeting, 7/31