append '&action=print' for a printable version of any wiki page!
September General Business Meeting Agenda:
NOTE: All general business meetings are open to Quelab members and members of the public. Attendance is encouraged! Please bring a potluck item to share.
Date: 01 Sept 2013
Time: 4:30-6pm MT
1. Agenda Review:
2. Ground Rules ()
3. Old Business
- Haines Location Update (Charel, Walter, Ray)
- Participation Feedback on 2nd ABQ mini-maker Faire
- Bylaws Update (Geoff, Walter)
4. New Business
- Tech Fiesta Events: Coworking Crawl and Ignite 14 (Walter)
- Proposal with Blackout Theater (Alfred)
- New Indegogo Funding Campaign kickoff
- PIC Club (Ray)
- Treasurer's report (?)
- 3D Printing Club (Alfred)
Geoff, Adric, Bandit, Morgain, Walter, Juli, Ray, Alfred, Shere, Charel, Aaron, mike? meeting to start, at 5pm
Ground Rules were read,
Haines Location update,
- utilities are estimated at $400 amonth, but that was for full time tenants.
- we are looking at about $200 increase per 6 months to the full $2000mo after something like 24 months,
- looks like we are on the verge of signing the lease,
-Black out Thatre,
- they need to rent a space for a haunted house, So we are looking at rushing the lease of haines, so they can sublet it until after Halloween.
- will need to expand a rider to cover the other building, -geoff
- charel says thank you, also Christian Ristrow Sent a great thank you letter, asking what to bring next year
- 1800 through the door or so.
- probably later in september next year.
- possible connected events/classes perhaps next year at quelab/haines
- Finalizing them, probably by october, this is for the board to poke at
- Tech Fiesta,
- Tedexabq need people to man the table/setup/tear down
- Coworking crawl, tuesday the 9th,
- Ignite14 7pm convention center,
- Blackout Theater was discussed above,
- Morgain won the contest, $2000 credit at the company
- With the credit, Ray wants to start a pic club
- Service Learning Agency, Alfred presented the concept,
- class at cnm that requires people to go out into the community, and volunteer, or directly interact.
- Charel, needs us to make a statement about quelab, and some 1/2 day projects, to submit to intel, intel can send intel down to do this at $20 a head,
- Charel is also looking at City/Kirtland... For Vet rehab type classes/training/projects.
- skills classes like welding, or printing, or design, selling the concept of open source, and swap-o-rama type things.
Tressurer's Report, Greg is MIA so we dont have much more info.
3d printer club
- filament extruder had some fantastic failures, but much learning came from it,
- bigger 3dprinter, plans in the works,
Adric talked about his visit to Xerocraft's new space.
6:10 meeting closes