Quote:“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
October Board Meeting Agenda
NOTE: All board meetings are open to Quelab members and members of the public. Attendance is encouraged!
Date: <date>\\ 10/30/11 Time: <time>\\ 5:07 Attendees: <name>, <name> greg,adric,walter, arron bandit
- Treasurer's report
- Haunted Lab out-brief
- Status of Indegogo perks
- Status of key deposit collection
- Status of Incorporation paperwork
- business paperwork: (Space federation, business plan)
- Budget planning (financial solvency)
- Roles and responsibility (prez, vp, secretary, treas, facility mgr, other?)
- Lease Renewal
- Strategic planning meeting
- vision for Quelab
- Needs vs wants
- Space planing (floor plan layout, new location?)
- Tools and projects
- Non-profit paperwork, school factory paperwork
- New member logistics
- Volunteeer coordination
- Previous month recap: Events How did they go, what would have been better
- Next Event/Fundraising ideas
- The fall fleemarket?
- Holiday crafts themed
- Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, December 3rd (International Open Data Day)
- Presenters? volunteers?
Rules were voiced, and all in attendance said they understood.
ice breaker: coolest costumes.
No tressurer report, because hes not here.
Haunted lab update, made about $400 but we think it went pretty well.
- Good things, better press outreach, workshops, was good idea. helped end result. Interactive type of events we do well.
Greg will look into indigogo perks.
key deposits, 2 sofar gene and hellen, we currently are adding it to the waver, we would like to add a columb to the membership database (need to talk to geoff), also tracking column if we have a waver signed.
non profit update, incorporation has been mailed off
Space federation: we need to decide our contact level. Walter will test space federation James Carlson 414-215-0215 when we need it,
Budget planning financial solvency, How to save money.
- internet to quelab: proposal to go to swcp for around $51 per month, with rental for now. not held to a contract.
- Consensus vote?: all 6 voted for it! no issues voiced further.
- Adric will look into that
other saving measures:
- Insulate windows with film,
- block off areas,
- see ifland lady interested interested in giving us a break to winterize pipes. blown insulation,
- Investigate existing ceiling insulation, and or crawl space. : *block ac ducts!
Procedures for cooling/heating/locking. Lets generate a checklist. to be posted by doors.
Revenue generation? ? ?
Review membership options: and how to get more bodies: Cleanup space: keep hammering for memberships, look at various ways to convince people.
Caroll came in, and we are now talking to her about quote for heat tape. and possible options for winterizing. and get a quote: Rick Evans
We will look into ceiling insulation situation, and for storm windows, or plastic for the windows.
Meeting ran over time around 6:20, were unable to get past financial planning.
Note place is: 1700 square feet,