October Public Meeting Agenda
Time: 6:57 Attendees: Greg, alfred, arron, ray, adric, geoff, morgan
- Board meeting notes
- Quick review of Strategic Planning Activities
- Comic Con table? Jan 13-15
- Room rental
- Teaching classes
- Andrew Stones Proposal (paid year membership & webhostingfor a winner)
- Needs defining
- how to advertize
- Abq Sprout http://www.abqsprout.org/about-sprout/
- payment method (other than paypal)
- SproutNM micro funding event Jan. 28
next icebreaker is canded camera elevatorpitch. all members were here for for the board
Albuquerque Comicon Convention, Cameron will fund table, if he gets advertizing,
- someone organize people/event
- who will man event
- what to flyer
- what to show.
Aaron was gong to get this started.
Note on coworking: igor suggested if we can define some more co-working spaces, desk/chair type of spaces, perhaps modular space. photo of what people get co-working might sell it.
- membership needed
Ideas: use office as co-working, jewellery space? electronics shop, rent it out, as office?
- ammenities: wifi, electric, kitchen, utilities, membership, workshop, free tshirt 24/7, bathrooms....
- geoff will initiate rental writeup
- price + materials: lets start off cheaper go up from there
- embedded processor class(arduino)
- perhaps a rolling self starting 101 arduino class
- C programming
- wordpress(get wordcamp folks involved)
- opensource stuff
- seeyourself teaching
Anyone who wants to teach things, even total n00b classes.
Stones proposal: Video contest: get people who are interested in us, contest may be more about what they would do with a year membership at Quelab.
- criteria, benefit to albuquerque community tech community.
- coolness, self improvement/skill development,
- how to advertize
- video for youtube
- advertize stuff, create nm, dukecity fix, abqhotspot, kunm,
insurance, need info from gabe on dayton diode,
Next meeting for the 8th of january,