QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


1-6-2019_general

This is an old revision of the document!


January Community Meeting Agenda:

NOTE: All community meetings are open to members of the public. Attendance is encouraged! Please bring a potluck item to share.

Date: 06 January 2019

Time:

  • 5:00 pm Pot Luck
  • 6:00 pm Community Meeting

1. Board Report

  • Met today, had quorum with 5 members
  • Charlie Fullerton has volunteered to be Electronics Area Captain
  • Charlie & John M. to talk with member Bill to discuss eletronics upgrades with the MachineShop
  • On schedule with an upgrade to the RFID y Ray Finch - Ray reported he has hardware on hand and is writing firmware
  • Consolidating the bank accounts
  • Board of Directors Election to happen in February (details below) 2. Officer Report

President's Report

  • took Q&A from the people present

Treasurer's report

Checking: $11,786

Saving: $4,047

Amazon Smile: this last report showed $300+ whereas before we have gotten typically $30 - $50 per quarter

Banking accounts will change this month or next (wanted to do it start of fiscal year)

Education: position currently vacant

Events Officer: position currently vacant

Membership: position currently vacant

JT Reporting

94 members

32 sustaining annual (29 sus, 2 associate) - last month was 21 annual members

50 sustaining, 6 associate

7 students

Outreach: Charel Morris

Social Media: Rebecca Snyder

Want to do a blog post soon of quelab members for plans in 2019

Approach Rebecca after the meeting

MMF in April (see below)

Donations: John “JT” Benedetto

Geoff N. instigated a new donation from a federal office in Los Lunas.

Not a whole lot useful - keyboards & mice, some small flatscreens, some CRT stuff that was disposed of

Since Geoff initiated it, I didn’t want to say no when I probably would have otherwise, and the concern that it could lead to future donations

Facilities: John Murray

Nothing to report this month

Rental: Darren Moody

Nothing to report this month

Area Captains

3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen

The Prusa I3 is still down, parts on en route

Morgan reports that the Delta works okay, and the Z axis was not skipping

Arcade - Troy Ross

Digital Arts - Darrel Knutson

New pricing put into place in December

Need board approval to purchase supplies since minimum cost I can find is over $100 for a roll of canvas.

Vinyl cutter was miscalibrated, Morgan readjusted the blade, which had been set all the way down.

Electronics Lab: Charlie Fullerton

This year, he wants to make that area more useful.

Perhaps hold some classes, e.g.. Soldering?

Charlie has also accepted the Ham Shack as part of his responsibilities/ If you are a Ham (or want to be), contact him.

Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker

Nothing to report this month

Laser: Craig Goldsmith

- if you experience any problems, no matter how trivial, text the lasercutter officer immediately. Following up with a phone call is OK, and you should definitely email the lasers list as well, but always start with a text to the officer.

the power glitch is occurring at least once per week. I believe I have traced it to one lousy AC connection and will work on permanent fix this week. You can tell the power glitch is occurring because the cutter LCD menu backlight will come on during power-up, without any characters. Then it will turn off, beep/click and repeat. If this happens, power-down the cutter immediately and text Craig aka Zoot.

user inattention seems to be on the rise – bent probe, bed out of level, crashes into the lens housing, etc. Please be more careful.

all non-cutting travel speeds have been dialed down on the cutter – this includes test contours, jog mode, and non-cut moves during cutting operations. This should reduce strain on the cutter as well as give users more time to hit <stop> in the case of problems.

manual focusing is not hard, but please do not manual focus if you haven't been trained. Contact the officer to set something up.

I am trying hard to catch up on training – if you still need to be trained, contact me and I'll set something up in the next week.

performed quite a bit of maintenance including tightening x-axis pulleys and belts, etc. You should notice improvements in cutting accuracy esp. at higher speeds.

Will hold an intermediate class soon

Only for those with a lot of experience

If you have to ask if that is you, it’s probably not you.

To be held next Sunday

Machine Shop: Denis Muradov

No report this month

Welding: John Murray

Nothing to report this month

Woodshop: Jesse Trujillo

We need supplies, specifically a belt for the 1” sander. 3. Old Business

Dues Increase - Josh and/or JT

Reminder about 2nd Sunday member hacknight.

3D Printer status of repairs - Josh

MMF - three months from yesterday, April 6 & 7 of 2019

At Expo New Mexico instead of the Balloon Museum

Villa Hispania & Floral Arts Building

Quelab will be in Flower Building

Applications are open now on their website

Quelab’s volunteers will be handled by Quelab, other makers & volunteers need to go through MMF’s site.

Quelab volunteers need to be on the list given to MMF, otherwise you may not get access

No food trucks, but there are already established vendors on site that we are required to use

Going to follow last year;s schedule and probably have (4) quick volunteer meetings beforehand

Parking may be better - being able to park right near the building where you are stationed… 4. New Business

New Electronics Area Captain Charlie Fullerton

Star Wars Day @ Rio Rancho Library - Darren

Saturday 1/26/19

Loma Colorado Library, main branch

Quelab will be providing models for assembly

Board of Directors’ Election in February

ALL members must vote

Quorum of members must vote for election to be valid

Early electronic voting

Electronic-only voting, no paper ballots

Can nominate others as Director, or self-nominate. Send email to BOARD@quelab.net

Nominations now open, an email will go out tonight or tomorrow, open through 2-8-19, 11:59 p.m.

Election will be 2-17-19, 5 p.m. to 8:00 p.m, and electronic voting will open two days before that

Show and Tell Night, (when, who else is interested in announcing/helping) -adric

It was suggested can we get a senior discount?

AARP says the typical discount 10% with 55 - 60 age.

Dr. Opto asked about replacing the projector in the main classroom

Charlie volunteered to get a replacement cable run to the existing projector

ACTION ITEMS

JT to send out to Members an announcement about the upcoming BoD election

Adjourned 7:20 p.m.

1-6-2019_general.1546986531.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/01/08 22:28 by John Benedetto