Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
1-7-2018_general [2018/01/21 21:03]
John Benedetto
1-7-2018_general [2018/01/21 21:35]
John Benedetto added minutes
Line 51: Line 51:
 Minutes: Minutes:
  
 +1. Board Report
 +  * Met today
 +  * Board of Directors’ Election will take place on 2-18-18 @ Quelab
 +  * Can vote electronically via OPAVOTE, no paper ballots
 +  * Bylaws state attending the elections meeting is a requirement of membership, but electronic voting meets that requirement ​
 +  * 4 positions available - JT, Charel, Gonner & Craig (Zoot) will be stepping down
 +  * Celeste will be stepping down at President. ​ We hope to have new place in place somewhere in the spring.  ​
 +  * President, VP, Secretary & Treasurer ​
 +  * Steven Hall has been appointed as Annex office
 +  * Clearing up rumors!
 +    * Quelab’s non-profit status is in good standing with the IRS & federal government. With regard to the NM State Govt., we are now in good standing with them as well, even if the NM govt. Web site doesn’t say so
 +    * If you hear something about Quelab, please just reach out & ask us about it - reach out to the Board, or to the Officers
 +  * John M. had a question: are we able to send out a donation letter to someone that donates something. ​ Charel said Yes, of course!... ​ Work with JT as the donations officer & Josh as the treasurer
 +
 +2. Officer Reports
 +  * President'​s Report
 +  * Treasurer'​s report
 +    * Josh to cut & paste to me info
 +  * Education: position currently vacant
 +  * Events Officer: position currently vacant
 +  * Membership: JT, acting officer
 +    * 99 active members, with 74 full dues, and 25 at student or associate level
 +    * Two Orientations run this month, more to follow
 +    * Though the board has an outstanding task to revise how to on-board new members, I am also open to suggestions on things missed & that should be added to the orientation. ​ Please email jt@quelab.net to send suggestions
 +  * Outreach: Charel Morris
 +    * Saturday, Jan 28, at Loma Colorado branch 9:00 - 9:30 arrival with official time of 10:00 until 1:00 p.m. (though it continues, sometimes until 2 or 3).
 +      * Darren is looking for volunteers to attend this session
 +      * Need special volunteer(s) to help with the mini machine kits we are donating to the Library for the Star Wars day.
 +    * Sat, 2-10-18 Nuclear Museum STEM day
 +      * Need volunteers for this as well
 +    * Sy Jackson Elementary school is doing a maker fair, Friday evening, March 2
 +      * Let Josh know if you are interested in helping with this event
 +    * ABQ MMF is coming at the end of April
 +    * We are currently in discussion with the research lab at Kirkland, on possible collaboration.
 +  * Social Media: Rebecca Snyder
 +    * Working on a newsletter type publication,​ please let her know after the meeting
 +  * Donations: John “JT” Benedetto
 +    * We have not done a recycling run recently, aside from cardboard to the city.  There are cans to go, and stuff in many of the barrels, though none are full
 +    * We received a large computer-related donation by an unknown donor. ​ I have yet to process that.  I expect much of it will end up in lab stock (check the room behind electronics) or on the “Up For Grabs” shelf
 +    * “Officially” we are not accepting donations without prior authorization & agreement. ​ However, walk-ins DO occur. If you are on the receiving end of a walk-in donation, PLEASE let me know it came in!
 +  * Facilities: John Murray
 +    * Repaired fluorescent ceiling lights in the entrance and in the north bathroom
 +  * Rental: Darren Moody
 +    * Rentals down, lost two of the blue & white bench spaces and one anthro cart space. ​ Oh hey, we have three new vacancies if anyone wants to rent a bench!
 +    * Down $63 on rentals income, still have $85.50 coming in for rentals
 +
 +  * Area Captains
 +    * 3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen
 +      * Morgan is in process of setting up printers on Orange Pi’s, which will add wi-fi access, as well as a 2nd system into that area - one dedicated windows & one dedicated linux
 +      * For the orion there are instructions on the wiki
 +    * Arcade - Troy Ross
 +      * He brought in a Linux gaming PC w/Steam OS, still needs to be put into place
 +      * Asteroids cabinet? ​ Rebecca has a power supply for it, and Morgan bought fuses for it
 +      * Hope to put in shelves next month
 +    * Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim
 +      * Nothing to report
 +    * Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker
 +      * Nothing to report
 +    * Laser: Craig Goldsmith
 +      * Cleaning optics on the red laser pointer - should be much better now
 +      * Whoever left the manual focus tool out of the kit, shame on you.  Please don’t leave it out again or you will have your privileges suspended
 +    * Metal Shop: Eric Lee
 +      * All machines operational,​ no injuries
 +    * Welding: John Murray
 +      * Nothing to report
 +    * Woodshop: Gonner Menning
 +      * No injuries, nothing broken
 +
 +3. Old Business
 +  * Board of Directors Election in February - covered previously
 +
 +4. New Business
 +  * Cleaning of the Core & bathrooms
 +    * Front area of the ‘Lab will be closed, entrance will be via the Annex on 7th
 +    * 4th, Sunday of February, we will be emptying the front part of the building, cleaning on the 5th
 +    * The company will continue to be cleaning the space monthly, the Main classroom, the bathrooms, and the kitchen
 +  * Rio Rancho Library “Star Wars Day” event
 +    * Covered under Charel’s outreach report
 +  * Early reminder: Changed dates for 2018 ABQ Mini MakerFaire
 +    * The 2018 ABQ MiniMakerFaire has been moved up to April: April 21 & 22
 +    * The MMF will not be meeting like in previous years (not as many)
 +  * Jefferson Middle School Science Night
 +    * Is anyone would be willing to participate in the Jefferson Middle School Science Night? (Lomas & Girard) ​
 +    * It’s being held on Monday January 29, from 6: 00 p.m. until I believe 8:00 p.m.
 +    * Science Night is the night where the Science Fair competitors display their projects to the community. We’d like to set up an area where science and technology ​ people in the community can talk with families.
 +    * They’ve never done a science night before, but have been graded F for 3 years in a row (despite being the school most requested for transfers in the entire district), and this will help our grade and possibly excite families about science at Jefferson.
 +    * Quelab members in the past helped Jefferson purchase and set up our little MakerSpace, which has been very successful.
 +    * Email Sherie@boim.com
 +    * Charel suggested asking their winners to come display at ABQ MMF
 +  * Dues Grace Period Change
 +    * No more grace period - membership dues need to be paid by the 1st of the month. ​ If you don’t pay before the monthly meeting, you are considered lapsed, and will not have building access.
 +    * This does not affect members paying annually, or set up with recurring payments in WildApricot
 +    * RFID system changes to bar “lapsed” members
 +      * The system will be (has been?) set up to deny entrance to those with a status of “Lapsed” for their membership status
 +    * Rebecca asked for clarification on a member paying late 
 +    * They can take money via the Square phone
 +  * Darren - this Saturday is Paul’s confirmation of his eagle scout status; contact Darren if you are interested
 +  * Adric - In addition to Troy Ross last month, we also added Ed Heron to the Tech Team
 +
 +Adjourned 6:56 p.m.