Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
1-8-2017_general [2017/05/01 15:49]
John Benedetto
1-8-2017_general [2017/05/01 15:53]
John Benedetto
Line 46: Line 46:
 Minutes: Minutes:
  
-<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​black;;​inherit>​1. Officer Reports</​font>​+1. Officer Reports
  
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​President'​s Report</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Treasurer'​s report</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​85 sustaining 21 student account, 9 associate</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​We have money in the bank</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Please - if you can - get off PayPal & get onto WildApricot</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Josh will be re-doing the envelope system to also allow dues</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Education: Darrel Knutson</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Welding class underway currently</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Woodworking class upcoming, Tuesday Nights in Feb/Mar? (Not yet in calendar)</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Currently NOT using EventBrite</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Need to figure out WildApricot</​font> ​     * [[events@quelab.netSendto|events@quelab.net]] to reserve a class +  * President'​s Report 
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Events Officer: position currently vacant</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Membership: Sara Simon</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​114 members, with 11 pending</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Outreach: Charel Morris</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Several events opportunities coming up</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​National Museum of Nuclear Science & History.</​font> ​        <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Saturday, February 11th - Discover STEM Family Day</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Spring Break (for APS & Rio Rancho schools) at the Balloon Museum March 20 – 24 – most events are Weekdays. ​ March 22 – family day so lots of interest in some hands on maker activities.</​font> ​        <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​The Balloon Museum director has pledged that he would like to have makers in attendance for all the cool events they hold at the Balloon Museum.</​font> ​         ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Drone workshops, Easy, kid friendly drones (Troy)</​font> ​         ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Conductivity workshop – includes soldering, conductive thread projects and ?</​font> ​         ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Other ideas - workshops on main days or other days that week.</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​First quarter of 2017 – science focus for schools bused in to Museum – anyone interested is putting together something to teach and share – again weekday events</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Maker Competition funded by the Balloon Museum – details coming but first round will be in 2017. Selected project will receive small budget to pay for materials. And final project will be on display at the museum for 3 to 6 months.</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Social Media: Rebecca Snyder</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​The Quelab Google calendar has a number of people that can add items; Adric will tally the list of who is listed.</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​There is a Quelab google internal calendar, too.</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Assets: Darren Moody</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Nothing to report at this time</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Facilities: John Murray</​font> ​    +  * Treasurer'​s report 
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Rental: Darren Moody</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Nothing to report at this time</​font>​+      ​* 85 sustaining 21 student account, 9 associate 
 +      * We have money in the bank 
 +      * Please - if you can - get off PayPal & get onto WildApricot 
 +      * Josh will be re-doing the envelope system to also allow dues 
 +  * Education: Darrel Knutson 
 +      ​* Welding class underway currently 
 +      * Woodworking class upcoming, Tuesday Nights in Feb/Mar? (Not yet in calendar) 
 +      * Currently NOT using EventBrite 
 +      * Need to figure out WildApricot 
 +      ​* ​Send to [[events@quelab.net|events@quelab.net]] to reserve a class 
 +  * Events Officer: position currently vacant 
 +  * Membership: Sara Simon 
 +      ​* 114 members, with 11 pending 
 +  * Outreach: Charel Morris 
 +      ​* Several events opportunities coming up 
 +        ​* National Museum of Nuclear Science & History. 
 +          ​* Saturday, February 11th - Discover STEM Family Day 
 +        * Spring Break (for APS & Rio Rancho schools) at the Balloon Museum March 20 – 24 – most events are Weekdays. ​ March 22 – family day so lots of interest in some hands on maker activities. 
 +          ​* The Balloon Museum director has pledged that he would like to have makers in attendance for all the cool events they hold at the Balloon Museum. 
 +          * Drone workshops, Easy, kid friendly drones (Troy) 
 +          * Conductivity workshop – includes soldering, conductive thread projects and ? 
 +          * Other ideas - workshops on main days or other days that week. 
 +        * First quarter of 2017 – science focus for schools bused in to Museum – anyone interested is putting together something to teach and share – again weekday events 
 +        * Maker Competition funded by the Balloon Museum – details coming but first round will be in 2017. Selected project will receive small budget to pay for materials. And final project will be on display at the museum for 3 to 6 months. 
 +  * Social Media: Rebecca Snyder 
 +      ​* The Quelab Google calendar has a number of people that can add items; Adric will tally the list of who is listed. 
 +      * There is a Quelab google internal calendar, too. 
 +  * Assets: Darren Moody 
 +      ​* Nothing to report at this time 
 +  * Facilities: John Murray 
 +      ​
 +  * Rental: Darren Moody 
 +      ​* Nothing to report at this time
  
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Area Captains</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Welcome to Josh</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​(2) printers will be going to Comic-Con</​font> ​        <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Lots of uprades on the Prusa</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​After Comic-Con will be working on the Orion</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Arcade - Troy Ross</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Work underway</​font> ​        <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Paneling removed</​font> ​         ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​New TV</​font> ​         ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​PS4 soon to be donated</​font> ​         ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​New lighting fixture</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Nothing to report at this time</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Nothing to report at this time</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Laser: Craig Goldsmith</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Honeycomb bed source identified</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Will set up a schedule for cleaning & calibrating</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Wants to clean out room - remove lockers, paint cabinet</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Metal Shop: Eric Lee</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Everything working smoothly, nothing to report</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Welding: John Murray</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Steve Hall filled the tanks, had a hydrostatic test done on the ones that needed it.</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​John to try to track the consumables weekly</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Woodshop: Gonner Menning</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Nothing to report at this time</​font>​+  * Area Captains 
 +      ​* 3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen 
 +        ​* Welcome to Josh 
 +        * (2) printers will be going to Comic-Con 
 +          ​* Lots of uprades on the Prusa 
 +        * After Comic-Con will be working on the Orion 
 +      * Arcade - Troy Ross 
 +        ​* Work underway 
 +          ​* Paneling removed 
 +          * New TV 
 +          * PS4 soon to be donated 
 +          * New lighting fixture 
 +      * Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim 
 +        ​* Nothing to report at this time 
 +      * Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker 
 +        ​* Nothing to report at this time 
 +      * Laser: Craig Goldsmith 
 +        ​* Honeycomb bed source identified 
 +        * Will set up a schedule for cleaning & calibrating 
 +        * Wants to clean out room - remove lockers, paint cabinet 
 +      * Metal Shop: Eric Lee 
 +        ​* Everything working smoothly, nothing to report 
 +      * Welding: John Murray 
 +        ​* Steve Hall filled the tanks, had a hydrostatic test done on the ones that needed it. 
 +        * John to try to track the consumables weekly 
 +      * Woodshop: Gonner Menning 
 +        ​* Nothing to report at this time
  
-<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​black;;​inherit>​2. Old Business</​font>​+2. Old Business
  
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​None at this time</​font>​+  * None at this time
  
-<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​black;;​inherit>​3. New Business</​font>​+3. New Business
  
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Monday the 16th, 4 - 7 pm, filming in the darkroom, Gonner is handling this & already had volunteers to help.  They are donating $200 to Quelab, and (eventually) a copy of the movie.</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Sunday, a week before filming, Gonner will be rehearsing Darkroom process with the actor</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Gonner hopes to launch his 2nd solar balloon this month, while it’s cold.  He needs help if anyone has ideas on telemetry. ​ Hoping to launch from Balloon Fiesta Park.  Maybe launch on a Sunday, between 9 & 10.</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Space Cadets Report</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​3d printing in Dragons Weir</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​the 3d printing folks (Morgan, Josh) have decided Dragons Weir temperature fluctuations will not work. 3d printing will remain where it is.</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Mission Control</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​The general opinion is to turn it into a ham shack.</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Also, 3d printing has mentioned replacing the (borked) PC with the donated PC (which was part of the donation with a COTS 3d printer. The PC would have 3d design software, keeping in the spirit of the donation, so folks can design stuff without taking up space in the 3d room.</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​ACTION NEEDED: membership input</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​ACTION NEEDED: Get 3d mechanical design tools</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​ACTION NEEDED: board approval</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Ceramics</​font> ​      <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Sheri has set up a small ceramics area in the east end of the Annex. For now, this is for slab and coil style work. A wheel is possible, with caveats (cost, mess, etc)</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​ACTION NEEDED: clear out the stuff in that area that are better elsewhere (fridge, brewing, etc)</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​ACTION NEEDED: clay trap for the heat sink</​font> ​       ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​ACTION NEEDED: Determine where to put the cone 6 kiln && wire up outlet</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Next meeting of the SpaceCadets:​ Sunday, 22 Jan, 6pm</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Board election coming up</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Led by Chris, acting VP</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​3 seats coming up for election</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​2/12/17 election at the space 5 - 8</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Electronic voting will start 2/10/17, going to everyone</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Nominations open tonight</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Yearly Planning Process</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Round Robin input solicited from all attendees, notes added to the 2017 spreadsheet in the google drive</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Katy Hammell is on the board for Imagination Connection, tournament is March 4, she will work with Rebecca to get it on the calendar</​font>​+  * Monday the 16th, 4 - 7 pm, filming in the darkroom, Gonner is handling this & already had volunteers to help.  They are donating $200 to Quelab, and (eventually) a copy of the movie. 
 +      ​* Sunday, a week before filming, Gonner will be rehearsing Darkroom process with the actor 
 +  * Gonner hopes to launch his 2nd solar balloon this month, while it’s cold.  He needs help if anyone has ideas on telemetry. ​ Hoping to launch from Balloon Fiesta Park.  Maybe launch on a Sunday, between 9 & 10. 
 +  * Space Cadets Report 
 +      ​* 3d printing in Dragons Weir 
 +        ​* the 3d printing folks (Morgan, Josh) have decided Dragons Weir temperature fluctuations will not work. 3d printing will remain where it is. 
 +      * Mission Control 
 +        ​* The general opinion is to turn it into a ham shack. 
 +      * Also, 3d printing has mentioned replacing the (borked) PC with the donated PC (which was part of the donation with a COTS 3d printer. The PC would have 3d design software, keeping in the spirit of the donation, so folks can design stuff without taking up space in the 3d room. 
 +        ​* ACTION NEEDED: membership input 
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: Get 3d mechanical design tools 
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: board approval 
 +      * Ceramics 
 +        ​* Sheri has set up a small ceramics area in the east end of the Annex. For now, this is for slab and coil style work. A wheel is possible, with caveats (cost, mess, etc) 
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: clear out the stuff in that area that are better elsewhere (fridge, brewing, etc) 
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: clay trap for the heat sink 
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: Determine where to put the cone 6 kiln && wire up outlet 
 +      * Next meeting of the SpaceCadets:​ Sunday, 22 Jan, 6pm 
 +  * Board election coming up 
 +      ​* Led by Chris, acting VP 
 +      * 3 seats coming up for election 
 +      * 2/12/17 election at the space 5 - 8 
 +      * Electronic voting will start 2/10/17, going to everyone 
 +      * Nominations open tonight 
 +  * Yearly Planning Process 
 +      ​* Round Robin input solicited from all attendees, notes added to the 2017 spreadsheet in the google drive 
 +  * Katy Hammell is on the board for Imagination Connection, tournament is March 4, she will work with Rebecca to get it on the calendar
  
-<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​black;;​inherit>​ACTION ITEMS</​font>​+ACTION ITEMS
  
-  * <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​For Officers’ Meeting</​font> ​    <font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Figure out WildApricot for events? ​ Can we still use  EventBrite if need be?</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​WildApricot training @ officers’ meeting</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Cleaning out of laser cutter room - remove lockers, paint cabinet, etc.</​font> ​     ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Figure out a date for the next meeting</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​Adric to send out a list of who can add stuff to the Google Quelab calendar</​font> ​ ​* ​<font inherit/​arial,​sans-serif;;​inherit;;​inherit>​John & Darren to update the wiki wishlist, add any suggested sent to donations email</​font>​+  * For Officers’ Meeting 
 +      ​* Figure out WildApricot for events? ​ Can we still use  EventBrite if need be? 
 +      * WildApricot training @ officers’ meeting 
 +      * Cleaning out of laser cutter room - remove lockers, paint cabinet, etc. 
 +      * Figure out a date for the next meeting 
 +  * Adric to send out a list of who can add stuff to the Google Quelab calendar 
 +  * John & Darren to update the wiki wishlist, add any suggested sent to donations email