QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


1-8-2017_general

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
1-8-2017_general [2017/05/01 15:51]
John Benedetto
1-8-2017_general [2017/05/01 15:53] (current)
John Benedetto
Line 45: Line 45:
  
 Minutes: Minutes:
 +
 +1. Officer Reports
 +
 +  * President'​s Report
 +  * Treasurer'​s report
 +      * 85 sustaining 21 student account, 9 associate
 +      * We have money in the bank
 +      * Please - if you can - get off PayPal & get onto WildApricot
 +      * Josh will be re-doing the envelope system to also allow dues
 +  * Education: Darrel Knutson
 +      * Welding class underway currently
 +      * Woodworking class upcoming, Tuesday Nights in Feb/Mar? (Not yet in calendar)
 +      * Currently NOT using EventBrite
 +      * Need to figure out WildApricot
 +      * Send to [[events@quelab.net|events@quelab.net]] to reserve a class
 +  * Events Officer: position currently vacant
 +  * Membership: Sara Simon
 +      * 114 members, with 11 pending
 +  * Outreach: Charel Morris
 +      * Several events opportunities coming up
 +        * National Museum of Nuclear Science & History.
 +          * Saturday, February 11th - Discover STEM Family Day
 +        * Spring Break (for APS & Rio Rancho schools) at the Balloon Museum March 20 – 24 – most events are Weekdays. ​ March 22 – family day so lots of interest in some hands on maker activities.
 +          * The Balloon Museum director has pledged that he would like to have makers in attendance for all the cool events they hold at the Balloon Museum.
 +          * Drone workshops, Easy, kid friendly drones (Troy)
 +          * Conductivity workshop – includes soldering, conductive thread projects and ?
 +          * Other ideas - workshops on main days or other days that week.
 +        * First quarter of 2017 – science focus for schools bused in to Museum – anyone interested is putting together something to teach and share – again weekday events
 +        * Maker Competition funded by the Balloon Museum – details coming but first round will be in 2017. Selected project will receive small budget to pay for materials. And final project will be on display at the museum for 3 to 6 months.
 +  * Social Media: Rebecca Snyder
 +      * The Quelab Google calendar has a number of people that can add items; Adric will tally the list of who is listed.
 +      * There is a Quelab google internal calendar, too.
 +  * Assets: Darren Moody
 +      * Nothing to report at this time
 +  * Facilities: John Murray
 +      *
 +  * Rental: Darren Moody
 +      * Nothing to report at this time
 +
 +  * Area Captains
 +      * 3-D Printing: Josh Pedersen
 +        * Welcome to Josh
 +        * (2) printers will be going to Comic-Con
 +          * Lots of uprades on the Prusa
 +        * After Comic-Con will be working on the Orion
 +      * Arcade - Troy Ross
 +        * Work underway
 +          * Paneling removed
 +          * New TV
 +          * PS4 soon to be donated
 +          * New lighting fixture
 +      * Electronics Lab: Aaron Birenboim
 +        * Nothing to report at this time
 +      * Fiber Arts: Sherie Pennebaker
 +        * Nothing to report at this time
 +      * Laser: Craig Goldsmith
 +        * Honeycomb bed source identified
 +        * Will set up a schedule for cleaning & calibrating
 +        * Wants to clean out room - remove lockers, paint cabinet
 +      * Metal Shop: Eric Lee
 +        * Everything working smoothly, nothing to report
 +      * Welding: John Murray
 +        * Steve Hall filled the tanks, had a hydrostatic test done on the ones that needed it.
 +        * John to try to track the consumables weekly
 +      * Woodshop: Gonner Menning
 +        * Nothing to report at this time
 +
 +2. Old Business
 +
 +  * None at this time
 +
 +3. New Business
 +
 +  * Monday the 16th, 4 - 7 pm, filming in the darkroom, Gonner is handling this & already had volunteers to help.  They are donating $200 to Quelab, and (eventually) a copy of the movie.
 +      * Sunday, a week before filming, Gonner will be rehearsing Darkroom process with the actor
 +  * Gonner hopes to launch his 2nd solar balloon this month, while it’s cold.  He needs help if anyone has ideas on telemetry. ​ Hoping to launch from Balloon Fiesta Park.  Maybe launch on a Sunday, between 9 & 10.
 +  * Space Cadets Report
 +      * 3d printing in Dragons Weir
 +        * the 3d printing folks (Morgan, Josh) have decided Dragons Weir temperature fluctuations will not work. 3d printing will remain where it is.
 +      * Mission Control
 +        * The general opinion is to turn it into a ham shack.
 +      * Also, 3d printing has mentioned replacing the (borked) PC with the donated PC (which was part of the donation with a COTS 3d printer. The PC would have 3d design software, keeping in the spirit of the donation, so folks can design stuff without taking up space in the 3d room.
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: membership input
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: Get 3d mechanical design tools
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: board approval
 +      * Ceramics
 +        * Sheri has set up a small ceramics area in the east end of the Annex. For now, this is for slab and coil style work. A wheel is possible, with caveats (cost, mess, etc)
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: clear out the stuff in that area that are better elsewhere (fridge, brewing, etc)
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: clay trap for the heat sink
 +        * ACTION NEEDED: Determine where to put the cone 6 kiln && wire up outlet
 +      * Next meeting of the SpaceCadets:​ Sunday, 22 Jan, 6pm
 +  * Board election coming up
 +      * Led by Chris, acting VP
 +      * 3 seats coming up for election
 +      * 2/12/17 election at the space 5 - 8
 +      * Electronic voting will start 2/10/17, going to everyone
 +      * Nominations open tonight
 +  * Yearly Planning Process
 +      * Round Robin input solicited from all attendees, notes added to the 2017 spreadsheet in the google drive
 +  * Katy Hammell is on the board for Imagination Connection, tournament is March 4, she will work with Rebecca to get it on the calendar
 +
 +ACTION ITEMS
 +
 +  * For Officers’ Meeting
 +      * Figure out WildApricot for events? ​ Can we still use  EventBrite if need be?
 +      * WildApricot training @ officers’ meeting
 +      * Cleaning out of laser cutter room - remove lockers, paint cabinet, etc.
 +      * Figure out a date for the next meeting
 +  * Adric to send out a list of who can add stuff to the Google Quelab calendar
 +  * John & Darren to update the wiki wishlist, add any suggested sent to donations email
  
  
1-8-2017_general.txt · Last modified: 2017/05/01 15:53 by John Benedetto