QUELAB

A place to make things!

User Tools

Site Tools


space_cadets_1-22-17_meeting_minutes

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

space_cadets_1-22-17_meeting_minutes [2017/02/26 15:14] (current)
John Benedetto created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +Space Cadets Meeting ​
 +
 +Date: 22 January 2017
 +
 +Time:
 +6:00 pm Meeting start
 +
 +DISCUSSION ITEMS
 +
 +Space Cadets Mission, raison d’etre: ​ what is the scope of the group, revisit the Board Mandate for the group to establish consistency of understanding
 +Mission Control
 +3D Printing move into room #3
 +The temperature variations in this room helped the 3D printing people decide against this move
 +Possible rearrangement of Laser Cutter Room
 +Lockers to where?
 +Paint Cabinet to where?
 +Ceramics Area
 +Installation of special sink trap
 +
 +Minutes:
 +
 +Celeste, Gonner, John M., Darren, JT, Bandit, Craig, Troy, Aaron, Cherie, Rebecca
 +
 +Space Cadets Mission, raison d’etre: ​ what is the scope of the group, revisit the Board Mandate for the group to establish consistency of understanding
 +Craig read the Board Response from last April
 +Based on that, the Ceramics area definitely falls within the purview of the Space Cadets
 +Some discussion took place on consensus process
 +Mission Control
 +Ham Shack? ​ Leave as an office?
 +Can we get a proposal on what is needed, how much space? Power requirements,​ etc.?
 +What should be in a proposal?
 +How much space>
 +Power requirements?​
 +Special infrastructure?​
 +How many people?
 +How often?
 +Noise Level?
 +Environmental Requirements?​
 +3D Printing move into room #3
 +The temperature variations in this room helped the 3D printing people decide against this move
 +Possible rearrangement of Laser Cutter Room
 +Dedicate to Lasercutting for storage, material storage, some tables, possibly another computer to design work & lasercut practice
 +Lockers to where? ​ To annex?
 +Paint Cabinet to where? ​ To annex?
 +Can the 2nd door in that room be blocked off? Not sure - depends on occupancy requirements
 +Proposal to dedicate the laser cutter room, Passed by consensus
 +Ceramics Area
 +Installation of special sink trap
 +Needed if we get a wheel; don’t have one now, no plans for one
 +Might still be good to get one, either commercial or homemade
 +Kilns
 +Nice to use outside (fenced in area)
 +If you fire a glaze would need to be outside
 +Craig proposed we approve the work Sherie ​
 +Passed by consensus
 +Does the Annex need an Area Captain/​Officer? ​
 +Board discussion would be needed
 +
 +Drew asked why the removal of Chris’ super computer project, since he did all that work running power to the west attic.
 +
 +
 +Next meeting set for Sunday Feb 26th, @ 6:00 p.m.
 +
 +Proposed items for next meeting
 +Cleaning the Tallway (top of the stairs in the shop)
 +
 +ACTION ITEMS
 +  * Bandit to contact Morgan for a proposal on the Ham Shack
 +  *  JT to make a Space Cadets page on the wiki
 +  * Proposal requirements
 +  * Link to Google Doc for them to print out & use
 +  * JT (or Tech) to add Josh to Space Cadets listserv
  
space_cadets_1-22-17_meeting_minutes.txt · Last modified: 2017/02/26 15:14 by John Benedetto